Healing from your implant surgery can take up to several months to complete. During this time, we monitor your progress to make sure that your bone is fusing properly and there are no complications. When you have fully healed, we then begin the process of making your final dental restorations.
Options for Removable Implant-Supported Dentures (Overdentures)
There are a few different options for Removable Implant-Supported Dentures overdentures. These include:
- Implant-supported dentures. These are the typical overdentures. This treatment uses 6 to 8 implant posts to support your arch of replacement teeth. The restoration is screwed into place on the posts.
- Bar-retained dentures. This treatment uses only four implant posts, which are connected by a titanium bar, and is sometimes used when you do not have sufficient bone mass in your jaw. Your replacement teeth are made to clip into place on the bar.
- All on 4. The All on 4 is a common treatment for replacing an entire arch of missing teeth suitable for patients with not enough bone mass in the jaw. Rather than undergoing a bone graft, four posts are strategically implanted into your jaw. The teeth are then screwed into place on the posts.
Benefits of Removable Implant-Supported Dentures (Overdentures)
Overdentures provide several significant benefits. These include
- They look much more natural. The restorations, made from ceramic, perfectly imitate the properties of natural tooth enamel.
- They help regain normal functions of the teeth, so the patient can speak and eat normally.
- Incredible comfort. Since the teeth are supported by implants and not gums, there is no pressure on the gums and no uncomfortable denture sores.
- Ease of care. It is easy to brush and floss dental implants, just like natural teeth.
- The implant posts restore stimulation to your jawbone, stopping and preventing bone loss. Implants are the only treatment that provides this benefit, preserving the integrity of your jaw.
Removable Implant-Supported Dentures (Overdentures) provide you with an incredible, long-term solution for replacing an entire arch of missing teeth, allowing you to avoid treatment with traditional dentures.