- Protect Other Teeth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth shift inward to fill the missing space. Shifting teeth results in misalignment, which can cause your teeth to chip or break. Dental implants fill that missing space and ensure that the surrounding teeth stay in the proper position.
- Improved appearance: While bridges and dentures do a great job at improving a smile, implants look better because they’re designed to blend in with natural teeth. The porcelain will match the neighboring teeth, and people won’t be able to tell it’s an implant, even from a close distance.
- Longevity: With proper maintenance and oral hygiene, dental implants can last a lifetime! Dentures and bridges last a maximum of 15 years and need to be replaced after that time. Additionally, the constant need to purchase new replacements will likely cost more in the long run.
- Improved Speaking and Chewing: Your teeth are a vital part of speaking and chewing your food. Since implants won’t slip or move like bridges and dentures, you speak clearly and eat all of your favorite foods again!
- Jaw Strength: Dental implants help increase bone density and keep your jaw strong. On the other hand, Bridges and dentures cause your jawbone to recede due to the pressure from daily chewing.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, you won’t have to remove your artificial teeth at night. They’ll stay in place and function just like your natural teeth. At times you might even forget you have an implant at all!
Visit California Dental Care
We hope we answered your question, “are dental implants a better alternative to bridges or dentures?” When comparing the three, dental implants win by a landslide. If you want to restore your beautiful smile and eat all of your favorite foods again, we’re here to help! If you’d like to speak with one of our friendly team members or schedule an appointment with us, you can reach us at (707) 741-6090 or click here to contact us on our website.